What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Collect Information?
We collect information directly from individuals, from third parties, and automatically via usage of our Site.
Profiles. Social123 creates profiles of business people and companies, which we call “Profiles,” by collecting and combining data from different sources. For example, users may submit to us information about themselves or other people and companies, and we may collect information about companies and individuals at trade shows. We also collect and license information from third party sources. The information we collect, generally, includes:
- Company information. We collect information about a company, including their name, size, sector and industry information
- Business contact information. We collect business contact information, including name, contact details, current and former companies, job title and job description..
- Other information. Information about the software, systems or services that company uses, as well other information that we may obtain from third party source.
Once we have collected information about a person or company, we may combine multiple mentions of the same person or company into a “Profile.” Certain information from the Profiles (the “Directory” information) is then made available to registered users of the Site and our customers and strategic partners. Directory information includes (but is not limited to): name; photo; position; company; location; country; industry; education; summary; skills; interests; email; and employment history.
Site Data. We also collect information from users of or visitors to our Site, as described below.
- Registration information. In order to use certain Social123 products and services, you may be required to register as a user, by providing your name, contact information, and company information.
- Payment Information. If you purchase our online subscription-based services, you will need to provide credit card information, so that we may process your payment. We use service providers such as PayPal to process credit card payments.
- Usage information. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site; access time; and device ID. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How Does Social123 Use the Information We Collect?
We use your information, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Site, including to make available our services, which include the Directory, Profile information and other reports, to our users, customers and business partners.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Site, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and services, develop new services or products, to respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How Does Social123 Share Information?
We may share the information we collect, including personal information, as follows:
Disclosure of Profiles. We may make Directory information available to users of the Site, to our strategic partners and to our customers. Further, if you provide information as part of your Profile, that information may be included in the Directory and viewed by third parties.
Disclosures to Service Providers. Social123 may from time to time disclose information to service providers, third party vendors, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, such as credit card processors, and software hosting or cloud services provider.
Business Transfers. If our company or substantially all of our assets are acquired, or in the event of a merger or bankruptcy, your information may be among the transferred assets.
Other Disclosures. If you register for a Social123 event with a third-party speaker, your information will generally be shared with the speaker. With permission, we post customer testimonials on our Site which may contain the customer’s name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at privacy@Social123.com.
Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. When you visit our Site, our servers and/or those of our service providers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends, such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, time and date of use and other information. Some cookies enable a faster log-in process, and some allow us to track your activities at our Site. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to disable cookies or change your cookies settings.
Web beacons (a.k.a clear GIFs and pixel tags). Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on web pages and within emails. We use these on our Site, along with cookies, to compile aggregated usage statistics and to analyze how our site is used. We may also use Web beacons in the HTML emails we send, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
How Can You Change or Delete Your Information?
We allow you to update, and in some cases request that we delete, or remove from our Directory your personal information. However, please note that we may maintain a copy of any such information as part of our business records.
Registration Information. If you register for a Social123 account and your information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may update or delete your account registration information by logging in with your username and password and making the change.
Profile Information. If you are an individual and would like us to remove or update the personal information in your public Profile, you can either use the online tool at http://social123.com/company/contact-social123/ or send an email to support@Social123.com with your request and the web address of your Profile. Once we have received your request, we will remove your information from the publicly accessible portion of our Directory. We will maintain a copy of your information for a time as part of our business records, and as needed in order to continue to honor your removal request.
NOTE: Social123 collects much information from a variety of sources, on an ongoing basis. We recommend that you check back periodically to ensure that our Directory contains only the personal information you would like included.
How Can You Opt Out of Marketing Communications.
Social123 Marketing. We may send marketing or promotional emails to you about our products and services, third party products and services, and our newsletter and other information we think may interest you. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by visiting http://social123.com/company/contact-social123/. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Third Parties may access your information in the Directory. If you don’t want your information shared with such third parties, you should delete your account as set forth above.
When Social123 adds a Profile to its Directory that includes an email address, it sends a message to that email address, offering an opportunity to opt out of inclusion in the Directory.
How We Keep Your Information Secure.
We have implemented security measures to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
Links to Other Sites.
This Site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Social123. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage when you leave our Site to be aware and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Site.
Social Media Widgets.
Children Under 13.
The products and services of Social123 are not targeted to or intended for children under the age of 18. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
Changes to this Policy.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you may contact us at:
2000 Powers Ferry Rd., Suite 650
Marietta, GA 30067