Technical Business Analyst
About the Company:
Social123 is a dynamic, award winning startup situated perfectly at the intersection of marketing and technology. The world’s largest enterprise companies (i.e. Hewlett Packard, FIS Global, Oracle, Citrix, and DocuSign) rely on us to feed their sales and marketing funnels by harnessing the power of real-time data. We go straight to the source to gather our data – the people themselves and what they say about themselves online. And for that reason, only the best marketers and sales professionals choose us. From being named #194 on the INC 500 list, to being a Top 40 Most Innovative Company in GA, to being one of the Best and Brightest Companies to work for in GA – we are a clear leader in the technology industry…with a forecast of much more success! Our company is a collaborative environment filled with opportunity for career growth, aggressive financial achievement and a profound sense of purpose.
Social123 is seeking an experienced Technical Business Analyst to join a fast-paced development team focused on key operational aspects of our flagship SaaS platform. The Business Analyst is an essential member of a cutting edge agile team that develops cross cutting functionality across our entire product suite. You will work together with some of the most highly skilled software professionals in the business, creating incredibly high quality experiences for our internal and external customers.
The Business Analyst facilitates collaboration across the Development team and stakeholders. This role is responsible for creating detailed product requirements to continuously deliver small increments of production-ready software. The Business Analyst is an analytical thinker with deep domain knowledge, and is responsible for translating business requirements from stakeholders into detailed requirements for the software engineers to implement.
This position demands strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies, and managing team dynamics. Excellent project management skills, team orientation, flexibility, innovative thinking, accountability, and collaboration are required for success.
This is your opportunity to capitalize on the business analysis wisdom and insight you have achieved! Our company is growing and our development teams have opportunities providing both challenges and recognition for your successes.
If you feel that you meet the requirements for this role, then we want to meet you!
- Primary initiative is the planning, developing and deployment of new capabilities to enhance the serviceability of our products.
- Collaborate with business partners at various levels to research and validate functional requirements
- Engage and communicate with stakeholders and development to clarify cross-functional and cross-domain requirements, and overcome cross-team obstacles to meet the overall organizational goals
- Create detailed requirements, functional designs, process flows, using Agile methodologies and tools; story writing and validation including conditions of satisfaction
- Take ownership of the delivery of features and capabilities throughout the development process
- Perform backlog maintenance through proper story prioritization
- Review, comment, follow-up and target reported defects and enhancement requests
- Work directly with customers to troubleshoot issues that are escalated
- Participate in user meetings to gain understanding of customer processes, ideas and issues
- Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs translate to working technical designs, and that test plans and scripts meet customer needs
- Use best practice risk management, anticipate and assess risks and create mitigation plans
- Ensure quality, accuracy and completeness of customer release communications including training materials, online help, release notes, newswires, one-off postings, and any other defined customer communication materials
Candidates must additionally possess:
- Must have experience in writing requirements and acceptance criteria on an agile, enterprise software development team
- Must have experience working in an enterprise-scale SaaS product environment that is deployed to using cloud technologies like AWS.
- Able to look at the big picture, speculate and conceptualize outcomes and identify trends
- Superior planning skills with the ability to handle large workload, facilitate the activities of dynamic workgroups
- Expert knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle, with an emphasis on requirements elicitation, requirements and design modeling, documentation, communication, org readiness and project management
- Proven ability to lead diverse groups of resources to solution agreement by leveraging influencing skills to drive consensus
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong customer service skills including the ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations in a professional, timely and thorough manner
- Power user of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio and MS PowerPoint
- Understanding of contemporary API and architectural concepts (REST, Microservices, etc.)
- Domain experience with an enterprise SaaS implementation or professional services organization.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience using Agile methodologies such as Scrum and/or Kanban
- Education/Certification/License: Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
- Fast Paced Entrepreneurial Environment- one of the fastest growing companies in Atlanta, extremely competitive pay that includes a great base salary.
- Located in the hottest, up and coming part of Atlanta with a great view of the new Braves Stadium
- Fantastic Health & Vacation Benefits + Casual work attire and upbeat positive atmosphere with a tremendous amount of opportunity for upward advancement.
- Unlimited career growth opportunity!
Join the Team! Send your resume and cover letter to Careers@Social123.com.